1. My grandma Barb is a total GlamMa :) Growing up I remember her always being dressed beautifully, with matching jewlery and shoes. My grandpa Chuck LOVED to shop ( she got lucky :).. and he LOVED to shop for my Grams!! I often tagged along when he would buy her a piece of jewlery.. it was always pretty and always perfect for her !! I think I got my love of the whole Old Hollywood era from her! She will forever be my GlamMa Barb :)
2. When I was a teeny bopper I was head over heels in LOVE with Jonathan Taylor Thomas ( or JTT for you former Tigerbeat readers..lol) He is the middle son on Home Improvement and was in a few movies. I had 112 posters of him on my wall.. yes I counted :) I was in his fanclub and would beg my parents for any magazine that he graced the cover of. He was my first Love (:
3. I love to sew. I wish I was a little better at it and had more time, but when I get a chance I love the feeling of creating something beautiful out of yards of fabric. My mother in law can SEW! She is a genius with a needle! I hope to that good someday too!!
Our Easter was alot of fun! We were so lucky to have my mom, dad, sister, brother in law, nephew and brother with us! Saturday we spent the day eating, shopping and celebrating Aiden and my brother in law's brithdays. Later that evening we colored our eggs! Sunday brought an Easter Egg Hunt. After our family had to leave, we had some fun in the sun (Only in beautiful Arizona :), playing in the boys new shark pool and running through the sprinklers. All in all it was a GREAT couple of days!!
First off HAPPY EASTER!! I will have a post all about Easter with pictures tommarow!
This post however is about my sweetie Aiden! This morning he came crying to me and struglling with his pants. They had just came in from hunting eggs, so I thought he was itchy from the grass, and I took off his jeans. At that point he proceded to rip of his diaper and run down the hall to the bathroom. I thought for sure he wanted a bath, but he had other plans. As I walked into the bathroom what do I see.... my little boy standing, pee pee in hand, using the potty.. I WAS SHOCKED.. to say the least. I have not even really introduced the potty to him yet, but with Jake and Aiden it is monkey see monkey do!! Let me also tell you that he is not quite tall enough, nor does he have the proper aiming skill, so more pee was on the toilet than in it, but it was well worth the clean up to have that memory! Since this morning he has followed Jake into the bathroom, and (using a stool and Mommy helping with aim..lol) used the potty twice more! We shall see where this leads... I may need to get some pullups.. and OF COURSE I just bought a HUGE box of diapers at Costco...hahaha! I hope everyone has a great Easter!!
1. My baby Aiden turned TWO this Tuesday! It seems like not to long ago I felt his first kick, held him for the first time, saw his first smile. I think back to his first bath, step and word. It goes by so very fast. He says new words each day, can run along right side his big brother, and is getting more and more independent. I may have shed some tears, but I cant wait to see who he becomes!!
2. I cannot tie shoes the traditional way. I always have tied them bunny ears. You know, make two loops and then make a knot. I try and try but no can do!!
3. My Mom wears a perfume called Organza. That smell would linger around the house for hours after she went to work. I love it, it is probably one of the most comforting things for me!!
So I had a yard sale this morning, and set up the boys to play in the garage. Recently we bought Jake and skateboard, as well as knee and elbow pads and a helmet. He was all geared up and skating around (well trying:) when I went to talk to someone at the sale. When I returned to the garage what do I see... my little Aiden wearing the knee and elbow pads, and helmet and trying so hard to skate just like his big brother. Jake told me he has helped Aiden get all the gear on and said " Mommy Im teaching him to ride!" It was so very very cute!!
1. I was voted " Most Likley to be a Runaway Bride" in my high school newspaper!
2. The song "Kokimo" by the Beach Boys plays a huge role in my childhood memories. I can remember very vividly my mother and father dancing around the kitchen, cooking breakfast and singing this song. To them my siblings and I owe our love and passion for music.
3. My sister is my kindred spirit. It doesnt matter the situation, she ALWAYS gets me, she ALWAYS has the right thing to say, and she always tells me like it is! She may be my baby sister, but I am who I am because we are who we are! "UBUNTU"!!
" Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of your arm... and as you grow older you will discover you have two hands. One for helping yourself, and the other for helping others" - Audrey Hepburn
We got the keys to our house today and it was SO exciting. I spent hours cleaning and it was FUN... yes I said cleaning and fun in the same sentance!! The boys were loving playing in an empty house and I was loving the idea of making it my own! Oh and I have to say a big THANK YOU to Jess for her help today... you know you have a true friend when they clean a yucky bathroom for you! We move saturday, and then I paint and paint and paint... I cannot wait!!
So I am officially a blogger! I have always journaled, when I was in high school all of my journals began " Dear Gaurdian Angel." I have so many notebooks filled with memories of high school crushes and silly insecurities. It is a daily log of who I was at so many different points of my life, I am amazed when I read the pages to remember all the emotion I felt in each sentance. Once Jake was born I turned my journaling tword him and kept a Mommy Log. Like my journals it is filled with entires that can make me burst out in laughter, and ball my eyes out. With my two little balls of energy zipping around my current journal is more splatters of juice or pages of Aiden crayon artwork, then it is my thoughts. So that brings me to my number one reason to have this blog. I want to be sure in the years to come I have something to look back on, a collection of emotion and memories to cherish always! . We have so many people who we love and miss very much and I hope that this blog is a way to keep connected with all of you! Check back soon for updated pictures of the boys!!
I am Lindsey. Mother of three awesome kiddos, and Wilma to his Fred! I love to sew, but I can get into anything crafty! I hope to share some tutorials and pearls of wisdom, while I document the memories we make each day.
"Life is What Happens to You While Your Busy Making Other Plans" -John Lennon