Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Ever Changing Pumpkin

I have not blogged in a while, a long while. However I am blogging today! It is still warm here in Sunny Arizona, none the less, in this home fall has officially arrived! I have some fun tutorials coming up, but today I am going to share some ideas for pumpkins!
Last year I really wanted to decorate for Halloween. I didn't want cheesy and I didn't want to spend $500 on all the stuff I was drooling over in the Potter Barn catalog. I was flipping through a Martha Stewart Living (LOVE her) at the dentist office, and I saw some pictures of pumpkins masquerading as other Halloween favorites! So I decided to try my hand and make a few of my own. Here is what I came up with


Well, October 31st came and passed and my cute white pumpkins were still in great shape. I couldn't just throw them out (gasp!!), so instead they became a Pilgrim and an Indian for Thanksgiving. I seriously LOVE these two... they made me smile every time I saw them!

The Turkey was carved, and all the scarecrows and leaves got packed away to make room for Santa and his crew of friends. My little pumpkins however, were in great shape. Still, fall was gone, and pumpkins were SO last season.. :) :)!! I was just about to throw them out, and my Mom had a brilliant idea. I had also bought a fairytale pumpkin around Halloween, so my Mom took it outside and spray painted it white, piled the other two on top, and with that pumpkin snowman was born! I knitted him a little scarf, and found a Magician top hat in the dress up bin, and he was good to go!

Believe it or not those pumpkins made it all the way to Christmas day! I just bought two white pumpkins today, and tomorrow they willl be rockin' the first of their costumes! To my delight I also saw that they now have white fairytale pumpkins at Trader Joe's, no need to spray paint! I hope my pumpkins hang in as long as last year's did! Happy Fall Crafting!!!!!
(P.S. Did you see that floating ghost in the Halloween pics, a tutorial for him is on the way tommorow!!)

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com