Monday, August 10, 2009

The First Day of Forever

Today was the first day of forever for us. The first day I watch my sweet little boy walk into a Elementary School classroom, the first day he is off becoming who he will be. I had to suck it up and realize this is a forever thing. The days of playgroups, wrestling with his brother, and Noggin filling his days are long gone. He is no longer a pre-schooler, he is a full fledged big boy! It has been almost 6 years since I first laid eyes on my beautiful boy, and just as fast as these past 6 years flew by, I am sure the next 6 will too. Today I watched my little one be so brave as he took his seat among 21 stangers. I watched him immediatly begin making friends, and I was proud. He makes me so darn proud! As hard as today was, my heart is happy. He had fun, he wasn't scared, and he LOVES school! These are truly the things that make each and every difficult moment of motherhood worth it. I can't wait to see all that this new adventure brings!
Here are a few shots of my handsome Kindergartener:
My Big Boy!
Daddy and Jake
Mommy and Jake
Aiden missed his big brother SO MUCH!!
At School!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

YAY Jakob!! Glad to hear you had a GREAT first day of school! I know it was hard on your mama, but big milestones always are! I know you are going to thrive and learn so much!

Hang in there Lindsey...won't be much longer at all now and little Lucy will be here and you'll be so busy you won't have time to think about it!!

~Rachel said...

You made it through the day! I am sure that was tough...even more so being preggo! ;-) I'm so glad that he likes it!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com