Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Changes

It is almost 4 am, I woke up a little while ago.. STARVING! So I ate, and when I came upstairs I saw that I had a little visitor who snuck into Mommy's bed while I was downstairs. I love to watch Aiden sleep, he looks so little and I still see that baby boy in him! It got me thinking about how fast time goes by, and all the changes that are coming for our family in just a few weeks. I went into Jake's room, and sat on his bed. He was cuddled up asleep, and I could still see my little baby in him too. But he is not a baby anymore, in just 12 days he will be a Kindergartner! He will be gone almost seven hours a day.. and I will miss him all seven of those hours! I want to freeze time. I want to have a few more months, this is much harder then I anticipated it to be. I want Aiden to quit getting so big.. everyday he says and does something new, and my baby becomes less and less of a baby. As much as I am tired of being pregnant, in a small way I am dreading the end of it. I know that the last time I feel her kick, or move, will be the last time I EVER experience that. I know that the last time I look down at my big baby belly.. it will be the last time I see myself that way. That has been the hardest part of this pregnancy by far.. knowing that it will be the last positive test I see, the last first kick, the last ultrasound.. it has not been easy. I am so happy to have been blessed with my babies, and I know three is the right amount for our family. I am also excited to begin this new chapter of our lives, with our kids getting older, and our family being able to have new experiences. I wish I could have both.. maybe a time machine :) !! Wow, I actually feel a lot better! I know that I have been a little bit of an emotional blogging mess lately.. but I want to remember how I felt at this time.

So other then crying constantly, I have also been scatter brained. I forgot about a play date I was supposed to host on Monday. My friends arrived to find me in my P.J's, looking a mess. Thankfully I have some very understanding ladies as friends, and there was no harm done! I have also been misplacing almost everything lately. I spend quite a while each day searching for my cell phone, car keys, wedding rings, the remote.. I am just happy I have been able to keep tabs on my children :)!

On a great note.. I have a Dr Appt at 9 am this morning, and I am having an ultrasound. I LOVE seeing my little girl every week! Also, Gymboree came out with an adorable Owl line for baby girls, and I was fortunate enough to get a coupon from my sweet friend Cortney this weekend! I am so excited to head to the store this weekend and pick something out for my Lucy! So I am off to try my best to go back to sleep, and if not I can just snuggle my Aiden monkey for a while!

And just in case you needed proof that these two look adorable when they sleep.. here you go:

4 comments:

~Rachel said...

Oh, I so know how you feel. Only, it didn't hit me until after Lily was born that everything is changing! I am also super excited for the new adventures but every milestone hit is the last one...*sigh*
I am going to have to check out the owl line now...I have quite a thing for cute owls!!

Bethany said...

What a sweet post Lindsey! Boy I feel you on how fast the time seems to slip by. On one hand the days drag, but on the other, each day fades into the next all too quickly.

I too love to watch my kids sleep. They look so young and peaceful...so full of innocence and promise. As busy as they are during the days, it is such a treat to watch them dream while I dream of the people they will become.

We can't wait to meet Miss Lucy!! See you tomorrow!

Jessica said...

Oh Lindsey... you did it again. I am right there with you on the emotional mess lately! Gotta love hormones. Try not to focus on the lasts... because if you do... you will always be sad!

Your future with three kids will be amazing. I can't wait for you to see your boys with Lucy. It is an amazing thing to watch little boys with their baby sister. Jakob and Aiden will be no different.

I love you and can't wait to get that phone call that it is time!! I am ready to snuggle Lucy!

brittsy said...

Ok so thanks, you just sent me over the edge! I had Bennett's back to school night for preschool, and I have been on the verge of tears all night- thanks for giving me the extra push I needed! My babies are getting way too big! I go in to check on Ella and she is just gotten way too big! And my baby boy in Preschool- its just too much!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com