Saturday, July 11, 2009

5 Year Anniversary... A Look Back :)

7 Years Ago

7-1-02
My friends Melody and Jay had been telling me for a few weeks about Bobby. I needed to meet him, he was so cute, and funny, and I would like him. Unfortunately I worked a lot .. and almost all weeknights and weekends! Well today I finally met him! They were right.. he is VERY cute, and quite funny.. and a GREAT kisser.. yes you heard that right.. we kissed within hours of meeting each other! He headed off to work, and I headed back into the party to consume a few Smirnoff Ice's and swoon over him!

7-2-02 8am
"Who the heck is calling me at 8am".. as I rushed from Jay's room to find my cell phone. It was Bobby.. and maybe he had been swooning to because there are not to many days after that, that we have not been together!

9-6-02
The text message read... " K I will call you at 9 to wake you up... I Love you!"
WHHHAATTT!!! I love you.. WOW!
My reply "I love you too!"

Hahaha I love technology!!!

02-16-03
OH MY GOSH... WHAT DO WE DO NOW... as we looked at the positive pregnancy test results!

6 Years Ago

06-03
A SUPER fun day of trying to combine all our stuff into a basement at my parents house! Let me say 5 months pregnant + Water bed= bad bad idea... you have no idea how many times it took me a half an hours to maneuver myself out of that bed!

07-11-03
One year together.. whew we move fast for 12 little months!

08-30-03
I got the proposal of my dreams.. at my baby shower.. HAHA :)

09-25-03
Jakob Lee Kimery, our baby was here. Watching Bobby beaming with pride as he held his Son..one of the greatest moments of my life! Although we said a lot of not so pretty things to each other at 3 am in the days that followed.. our love was SO much stronger after that day!

5 Years Ago

7-11-04
I became Mrs. Kimery in a Fairytale Wedding.. what a wonderful day.. I wish I could have it back to live over and over!!

01-15-04
After living a year and a half in our parents homes.. we got our own place! An 800 square foot apartment in San Bernardino, Ca. It wasn't glamour by any means, but it was all ours!

02-02-04
Bobby's application to Phoenix PD was sent... and not wanting a huge gap...we started trying for little Aiden!

07-11-04
1 year married... wow this would be huge if we were famous :) LOL

4 Years Ago

08-04
BIG NEWS TIMES TWO! We were expecting again!!! Also, Bobby was hired with Phoenix Police! Only a few more months before a whole new journey in our life begins!

10-21-04
With MANY tears shed we packed up the U haul, kissed our family and friends goodbye.. and headed off to the Valley of The Sun!

03-18-06
We are a family of 4! Aiden Robert Kimery.. our little Monkey was born!

03-24-06
With all of us who love him there to watch, Bobby was sworn in as a Police Officer. I was SO proud of him, watching his dream come true!

06-08-06
We got the keys to our first rental HOUSE! A backyard.. 4 rooms.. a garage.. what would we do with all that room! (HAHA... let me tell you, once we got all our stuff in there, and after almost 2 years I am surprised that little house didn't burst at the seams!!)

3 Years Ago

07-11-06
2 Years Married!! Sushi and a Movie.. a rare event and BIG deal when you have two kids!

The following months tested our love and strength of our marriage... we were both working... opposite shifts for most of the months, and opposite days off for all of them! We made it work, as we always do!

01-01-07
First trip without the kiddos. A week Mexican Cruise... SO MUCH FUN!

02-10-07
Bobby gave me a wonderful gift... the ability to quit my job and be a Full Time Mommy! I love and appreciate all the sacrifice and hard work this takes on his end!

03-18-07
Oh my where did time go.. we have a 3 year old and a 1 year old already!!! This was my thought this entire day!

2 Years Ago
07-11-07
We made it through a lot of hurdles... 3 years!!

10-07
We decided our renting days were over, and started the process to buy a home!

03-01-08
Yay! We got the keys to OUR home! This day was SO surreal!

1 Year Ago
07-11-08
4 years! SO many memories!

09-25-08
We have been parents for 5 years!!

11-08
Another bundle of joy is coming.. I had a bun in the oven!!

03-27-09
It's a Girl!!!

Today

As I look back on the last 7 years.. one thing is for sure.. I am a lucky girl! Meeting Bobby and chasing our dreams together has been the most amazing time in my life! He has given me unconditional love, freewill to be exactly who I am, two wonderful sons, a daughter on her way, and a life we can be proud of! They say the first 5 years of marriage is the hardest.. and we have certainly gone through some rough patches.. but we made it! I still look at Bobby the way I did 7 years ago... only now I see someone I couldn't live without, my rock, my partner, my everything!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

OK... now that I am crying... I can wish you a Happy Anniversary!! You and Bobby are the sweetest couple! The love you have for each other is obvious and you are amazing parents. Matt and I are so lucky to call you two our friends. Happy Five years!! I know that there will be a lifetime more to come!

Now I am of to get ready for the boys to come over, so you 2 can go out!! See you soon!

Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful message Lindsey!! I can barely remember last week, let alone the first call or text I got from Todd. Congratulations on 5 wonderful years of marriage! I'm so thankful to have met you and your family and I'm excited to see our friendship continue to grow. You are both wonderful parents and an awesome couple to know =)

Love,
Cortney & Todd

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com