Thursday, July 16, 2009

16 and Pregnant

So I just got done watching this week's episode. By the end of every episode I am usually thinking that the new teenage parents have NO clue what they have gotten themselves into. Most of them have been quite immature about the whole process. The have chosen to act entiled tword those who are helping them, fight with one another at every turn, and pretty much act like most 16 year old kids do.. I know that I was quite the spolied brat at that age! Parenting is not easy, and I think that most of the couples on that show need a reality check. I had Jakob at 19 and I know that I had a pretty unrealistic view of what it took to be a mother. However this week MTV featured a couple who was very different. They decided to place their daughter for adoption. The most ironic thing is that they were by far the most mature of all the couples. They had a great relationship and seemed to truly love each other. The father of the baby was so loving to the mother, and they both had good heads on their shoulders. Coming from homes that were not the best, they decided they did not want to repeat the cycle. They did the most selfless thing I can imagine. They truly made the adoptive parents dreams come true, and although it was VERY hard on them they knew that their daughter would have a much better life this way. Being 8 months pregnant, I cannot imagine coming home from the hospital without my child. I cannot say that had I gotten pregnant at 16 years old that I could have been as strong. I think that the teenagers on tonight's episode truly understood what it means to be parents. As a mother I know that it is all about sacrifice, and you have to put your own needs aside when you have children. The only difference is that although I sacrifice, I get to watch my babies grow, I get to be with them each day. They were truly brave to do what they did, and I think once day that little girl will thank them tremendously! I have a new respect for those who selflessly give children up for adoption in order to better the child's life. It was such a sad, yet very beautiful episode. I hope all the other teen parents who were featured this season watched tonight. I think they could learn something about the true meaning of loving a child! I know it made me hug my babies a little tighter tonight!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I have it DVRed... I am off to watch it now!!

Anonymous said...

I saw that episode too. My husband (although he won't admit it) and I cried the whole time! They were such and amazing couple.

Mistie

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com