Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What a FUN Weekend!

This has been such a fun weekend!

This lovely lady came to visit for the weekend!
And although I missed this little guy: We had a GREAT time!!
My sister is really the best.. and not because I am biased.. she just is the BEST! On her drive out here, her air conditioning went out. So she drove over 2 hours in 100+ temps, and you know what.. she got here and had a huge smile on her face. She was a literal hot mess... but one thing I love about my sister is that she is always smiling.. which makes me smile every second I get to spend with her!
Friday we just ran some errands, bought some frozen pizza's at Fry's, hit up Sonic's for some yummy drinks and headed home to be lazy! Let me tell you my day to day stuff is alot more fun with Sarah joining us! We got up Saturday with every intention of heading to Glendale and going antiqueing. However once we stepped out into the 115 degree sweatbox that was the valley.. we opted for IHOP pancakes, and Target shopping instead! When we got home my three fellas and I had a Bday party to attend.. so my sister stayed at out house to finish up the mobile she made for Lucy's Room.. here is the final product.. isn't it ADORABLE.. I LOVE it, and it looks amazing in her room!!
The party was for a sweet little girl... so it was a Sweet Shoppe theme. The decorations were really cute and there was candy galore! I wish I could say that my boys alone loaded up on candy.. but the sad sad truth was that Mommy spent ALOT more time around the candy and sweets then the boys.. although they got their fill! They had a wonderful time playing with their friends!! After the party we headed back to the house. It is a very rare occasion that Bobby and I spend time without our kiddos.. maybe twice a year!! So you can only imagine my excitement that my sister said she would watch the boys so we could get away Saturday night! We went to see Harry Potter with Matt and Jess ( I LOVE Harry Potter!!).. the movie was really good! After we met up with our friends at Salty's and Bobby had a few drinks.. we didn't stay long but it was fun, and the company was GREAT! The boys had an awesome time with their Auntie, and we were so thankful for our date night!
Sunday brought more fun! My best bud :) Jessica was hosting a baby shower for Lucy and I that afternoon. So I spent the morning primping.. trying to make myself look cute.. which tends to be difficult when your 8 months pregnant! The shower was PERFECT.. Jessica really outdid herself. The decorations were beautiful.. and the food was delicious. She had a chocolate fountain.. need I say more!!!! So many of my wonderful friends were there, and they all made me feel truly special! It was a really fun and relaxing afternoon, like I said perfect!! Jessica you are my best.. Thank you SO SO SO much!!!

Sadly my sister had to head home after the shower.. I was bummed, but the fact that she will be here for almost a month around the time Lucy arrives made it easier! Bobby and I rented some movies that night, and ate junk food on the couch!

Now I know Monday isn't the weekend to most.. but the hubby was home, so we got a bonus day! Bobby did have to go to court in the morning, but when he got home around noon he was sweet enough to let me take a nap... a 3 hour nap! Once I finally rolled out of bed I felt so good I told him we had to go do something.. energy like that is rare for me these days! So we got some dinner, and then headed to Scottsdale to see Ice Age 3 at the drive-in. The boys were really good, they loved the movie.. and I loved that we drove through Dunkin Donuts to get a half dozen on the way out there! Donuts and a movie.. in the comforts of your own SUV.. alot of fun!
So there you have it.. my recipe for an awesome weekend! This weeks brings a playdate, a prenatal appointment ( I get to see my baby girl :), a Pedicure night with the girls on Thursday, and our baby shower with our squad family ( Bobby's police buddies and their wonderful wives and kiddos!).. so let the fun continue!! And just because he is so silly....

Hope you all are having a great week too!!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. From the pics it looks like Jessica did a great job with your babyshower. You look so cute prego..no fair! ;)

Mistie

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com