Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Vacation 2010 Part 2

Here is goes.. part 2 of the fun!
Wednesday we were headed back to Disneyland, but this time it would only be Myself, Bobby, Jakob and Aiden. After grabbing donuts on the way, and some stubborn California traffic, we got to the Happiest Place on Earth around 9:45 am. We had only been able to see Disneyland the first day, so we started our morning in California Adventure!
Now, if you have traveled with my hubby, you know he likes a plan! While talking to Bobby on the ride over, I found out this was a learned trait from his Dad :). He quickly got a map and we decided on route. First stop was a Monsters Inc. ride, which the boys LOVED. I loved it to.. it even had the warehouse full of all the children's doors! Then it was off to A Bugs Land. This area is adorable. Everything is giant, so you feel like an ant! It has a few rides and some fun bumper cars. On the way out we did the 3D Its Tough to Be a Bug show.. the boys thought this was hilarious! Next, we walked the boardwalk and ate Pizza for lunch. While up there we rode the A Toy Story ride that Jakob had been stoked about for days! At this point we realized our phones were both dying, which was freaking me out because my sister had Lucy at home and I needed to know she could reach me if need be. So we used our fast passes on Soaring Over California (which is awesome and one of my favorite rides EVER) and said goodbye to California Adventure.
Bobby and Jakob went on to Disneyland to ride Indiana Jones, while Aiden and I went to the car to relax, have a snack and let the phones charge. We hoped on the tram, walked to the car... and then I realized Bobby had the key... OOPS! So a phone call, 2 tram rides and a mild case of frustration later and we were in the car :)
Once we met up again, we rode Pirates, had a blast in Toon Town, and finally got on Its a Small World. We had dinner, and it was starting to get dark. Aiden had been begging to do the Matterhorn again, so off we went. After the ride he said " I like the Mountain Horn (as he calls it) when the lights are on outside, not at sleep time!" Love him :)! The ride the boys were most excited to ride had to be Star Tours, so they were over the moon when we finally got in line to ride it. I wish I had a picture of their faces while riding.. they were SO happy! We have some serious Star Wars fans over here! Next up was Mr. Toads, then off Big Thunder Railroad. It was neat because we were in line during the fireworks show and got to see the whole thing. Aiden loved the coaster, Jakob had this to say " That freaked me out, I am positive that train is the fastest ride ever" :)! The boys were fading and we knew we only one ride left. We had decided to do Splash Mountain last in case they got wet because it was a little cold out for us desert folk ;)! Thankfully there was no line and it gave them no time to freak as they watched other people drop off the mountain! Overall they did really well, and besides the last drop, even enjoyed it. The picture of us dropping is hilarious.. they boys look terrified and we are cracking up, add in the silly random boys us front.. Love it!:Here are a few more pictures from our day at Disney:





It was a really fun day!

Thursday was another lazy one. Bobby got to go spend some time with his friend Matt, while I hung out with my Sister. Later that day my sister kept the kids for us so we could have dinner with our friends Matt, Kristen, and Robert, it was nice to catch up and have a kid free meal! After dinner we went back to my parents and my Mom, Sister and I got to go grab coffee and spend some time together which is always fun. The rest of the night was spent packing. First thing Friday morning we were on our way back home to Arizona.

It was such a great trip. There were some really good times, and some tough times. We got to see so many friends and spent some great family time together! Overall a successful vacation!

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com