Monday, October 19, 2009

My Star Student

I just got home from Jakob's first Parent Teacher Conference! I also got his very first report card! He is doing amazing.. I could not be more proud of him! He is sounding words out, and writing them down. He can count to 50 and some days beyond, he can write every letter, he puts words together, and uses periods and question marks. Soon he will be reading.. it amazes me. His teacher told me that he had a perfect score in Math and Science.. not a big surprise since he is currently telling me he plans to be a Scientist when he grows up! He loves school, and that makes my heart so so happy! She also said he is very compassionate ( something his pre school teacher also told me), and a great team player. She said he always shares, raises his hand before speaking, and follows rules very well! Yep, I am one happy, very proud Mama today!

Look what else I got this morning.. his school pictures, isn't he a handsome little guyBecause he is doing so well in class, Jakob got to be Star Student of the Week this past week! He got to be the line leader, help with the morning calender, and be his teacher's special helper! In the classroom he got a special bulletin board, that had photos of his family, our dog, and lists of his favorite things. Here is a pic of him with the board:

What a nice way to start my day!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh Linds!! I am crying!! He is getting SO big. I am so proud of him too! You have done a great job raising such a sweet little boy!

P.S. I HAVE to have one of those pictures!! Kaleb said he wants to put it on the wall in his room... haha!

brittsy said...

Seriously, he is so stinkin' cute, and getting so big... I am sad just thinking about how big he is because I know Bennett will be there before I know it!! **sniff, sniff** Glad the parent-teacher conferences went well, and glad he is doing so great!!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com