Monday, October 10, 2011

Upcycle Success

My Sister has a yellow carigan:
Isn't is cute! Isn't she cute! I love my sister so much, and I LOVE her yellow cardigan. I decided I needed one, but I know she has had it for a while, and I am sure it is no longer availalbe. So I searched and searched online, but the only ones I could find were mustard yellow , I will tell you that mustard yellow must be VERY in right now, because it is everywhere. I was about to give up, but then I had a fabulous idea, buy a white one and dye it yellow! With key in hand, I was about to head to the thrift store, when something told me to check my upcycle bin. I am so glad I did because low and behold I already owned a dingy, stained white cardigan..SCORE! I also already had yellow dye.. DOUBLE SCORE!
So here it was, my old cast of Cardi:
Now it is a (sorta) new sunny yellow Cardi, which I LOVE LOVE LOVE, for the cost of FREE!
 If you have never tried dyeing, you should! It is SO easy, so so easy. This is a fantastic tutorial, in fact this is fantastic blog overall.
I am beyond excited about it! In fact, I will be wearing it today, because we are having lovely weather here in AZ and I plan to be out in it! Thanks for stopping by, Happy Monday!!!!

1 comments:

Give Peace A Chance <3 said...

SUPER DUPER CUTE SISTER!! I LOVE IT!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com