Thursday, April 30, 2009

This and That From Our Week

The Game Room
This has been something Bobby has dreamed of for years... we were literally living in my parent's basement, and having conversations about his future game room. Well when we bought our house over a year ago, his dreams came true and he had a room to call his own. However, for the past year his beloved game room has been nothing more then a cream colored room, cluttered with toys, and whatever else made it's way up there. Well, that all changed last weekend! After waiting and waiting we started the room. For now just paint (Blue and Orange Chicago Bears Paint :) , and furniture movements... but very soon will come a new fan, a cool Chicago Bears rug, and the hanging and placement of all the precious memorabilia he has been collecting all these years. He had a very clear picture of what he wanted.. and throwing some paint on the wall would not do. He wanted stripes, and I wanted the room to be just what he pictured. So I gladly took on hours and hours of painting and touching up lines.. and it came out perfect. He LOVES it, and I love watching him all excited! I will post more pictures when it is all complete, but here is a sneak peek:

He Loves Me... He Loves Me A LOT!

I opened the door the other day to find my sweet Hubby home from work, holding a bouquet of flowers... Yellow Tulips to be exact! It made my week!


Potty Training Success at Last???


We have been potty training Aiden for last couple weeks. This is not our first go at it, not by any means... but it was definitely time!! Well I am SO proud to report we have gone well over a week in underwear all day ( at home and out), and he has even been in underwear overnight for 4 consecutive nights with no bed wetting! I am hoping that this will be it, and it certainly seems that way... but we shall see??? Either way he has sure made his Mama proud lately! Here is my little "BIG BOY" being his silly self!


Other then that we have had a pretty normal week.. well besides me FREAKING OUT about Swine Flu! Bobby thinks I am quite funny. There have been small numbers here in AZ, so we have not resorted to full isolation, but we are playing it safe. You will not find my boys in a McDonalds Playland or WalMart Shopping Cart for the time being, but I am continuing to host play dates and I am very excited to catch up with everyone tomorrow! Alright I am off to load dinner dishes into the washer, and get ready for out play date in the morning! Hope everyone is having an awesome week!!

1 comments:

~Rachel said...

LOVE the game room! Good work on the painting. And yuck on the Swine flu...we are WAY too close to it so we are in solitary confinement! I wonder how long this will last?

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com