Friday, November 28, 2008

NO More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed!!!

My poor little monkey, who jumped off his bed onto his arm, is now left with a Fractured Growth Plate in his elbow! He was quite the little trooper through it all. First, he was telling me he was okay so he could go to school the morning after it happened ( after a trip to school, and a few tears later, he ended up missing school!). Then, he had to go in to do X-rays without me and was SO brave. The next day, he got another round of X-rays and sat still the whole time while they put his cast on! I was one proud Mama!! The news wasn't very good unfortunatly. The joint is fractured, and as long as it stays in it's current place for one week he will only need to wear the cast a few more weeks. If it moves out of place, he will need surgery! A little jump, became a BIG deal! Here is a picture of my little man with his cast:

3 comments:

~Rachel said...

Oh no!!! Poor guy!! Boys are so rowdy...I know we will be having to go through this one day too! Surprised it hasn't happened yet actually! Miss ya girl!

Bethany said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I had no idea when you told me he fell that it was this bad! He must have really wanted to go to school! Poor guy!

Thinking of you and hope you are all well!!

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh!! He is so cute!! Kaleb is standing here with me as I write this and he has something to say. "I am so proud that Jakob got a red cast. It's our sazwit (favorite) color!!" Haha!! Too cute!! We all love him and hope he gets better soon!!!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com