Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sushi Supper!!

So as many of you know Bobby and I LOVE sushi! Way back when we still lived in California we bought a sushi making kit, and for the last 4 or so years since we bought it Bobby has been asking when I was going to learn to use it! While visiting Bob's family in Idaho I was fortunate to get a mini lesson from my Sister in Law Stacee. Tonight was my first go at it, and I was pleasantly surprised at how good it turned out. I need to buy a deep fryer and a REALLY sharp knife, but other then that it was really good!! Bobby was so cute.. he stood in the kitchen and watched me the whole time... he was really excited! He often does that, when I am sewing or doing some craft he will watch and ask questions, it is really nice that he is always so interested in what I am doing!! Well, he LOVED the meal... I am pretty positive it will become a regular meal at our house!

Of course no Sushi meal is complete without Edamame, Saparo Beer for Bob and Green Tea for me! (Sorry it is a little blurry!)

Here is a close up of some of the sushi... California Rolls and Spicy Tuna!!


Our Boys always love sushi... we usually only eat imitation crab, tuna and shrimp at home,so they can dig right in with us! They still have the trainer on their chop sticks, but they do very well with them:



I wanted to do something fun for Jakob and Aiden and I came across this idea for Twinkie Sushi! You cut twinkies into slices, wrap each slice in a fruit by the foot, and stick a gummy bear in the cream! They look like sushi and they were actually really good!! SO CUTE!

4 comments:

Bethany said...

While the thought of sushi totally grosses me out, I am glad for you guys that you had such a fun and "yummy" meal!!

And how cute that Bobby was watching you! Chris is always so busy he doesn't have a clue what I am doing! What a sweet time for you guys!!

And I think I would have loaded up on the twinkies! That is more my style!!

See you soon!!

~Rachel said...

OOOOHHHHH..sushi sounds sooo good! That would be a good idea to learn how to make it..I'll have to look into it! And twinkies sound good too...what a creative idea!!

Jessica said...

Wow friend!!! You did REALLY good!! The pics of the boys using their very own chop sticks were too cute!! Mine probably would turn them into weapons long before any food entered their mouths!! Haha! I love you and I MISS you!!

Kuma said...

That's really impressive. I miss you guys. Hope to see you soon!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com